The last day of the enemies of Israel
- 31. “This is what will happen in that day: When Gog attacks the land of Israel, my hot anger will be aroused, declares the Sovereign LORD. 19 In my zeal and fiery wrath I declare that at that time there shall be a great earthquake in the land of Israel. 20 The fish of the sea, the birds of the air, the beasts of the field, every creature that moves along the ground, and all the people on the face of the earth will tremble at my presence. The mountains will be overturned, the cliffs will crumble and every wall will fall to the ground. 21 I will summon a sword against Gog on all my mountains, declares the Sovereign LORD. Every man’s sword will be against his brother. 22 I will execute judgment upon him with plague and bloodshed; I will pour down torrents of rain, hailstones and burning sulfur on him and on his troops and on the many nations with him. 23 And so I will show my greatness and my holiness, and I will make myself known in the sight of many nations. Then they will know that I am the LORD.” (Ezekiel 38:18-23 NIV)
The army of the Rider on the horse, the Lamb and the Lion of Judah, would not fight the war. The ally of their enemy will kill each other, after being stricken by catastrophes and deseases. The blood of the enemy of Israel will be spilled on the land of war as was revealed, that,
- 32. “They were trampled in the winepress outside the city, and blood flowed out of the press, rising as high as the horses’ bridles for a distance of 1,600 stadia.[a] (Revelation 14:20 NIV)
(Footnote: That is, about 180 miles (about 300 kilometers))
We are to see the flow of a huge river of blood of Israel’s enemy that is more that 1,5 meters deep and is 300 kilometers long. There is not a clue that there will be any survivors from the ‘Sword of Word’ of Jesus Christ. All of the enemy who dare to challenge God will be destroyed. The land of Palestine will turn into a horrifying slaughter field for the enemy of Israel. Ezekiel completed this picture of the last day of Israel’s enemy as follows.
- 33. “Then those who live in the towns of Israel will go out and use the weapons for fuel and burn them up—the small and large shields, the bows and arrows, the war clubs and spears. For seven years they will use them for fuel. 10 They will not need to gather wood from the fields or cut it from the forests, because they will use the weapons for fuel.“ (Ezekiel 39:9-10a NIV).
This may be a metaphorical expression since the bow, arrow and spear will no longer be used in a war. This means it will take seven long years to eliminate the enemy’s weapon. This is a very scarry picture for the enemy of Israel. But for Israel itself, this does not just mean a great joy of the victory of their faith, but also a sign of a abundant supply to be use for seven years. Now, picture this!
- 34. “For seven months the house of Israel will be burying them in order to cleanse the land.” (Ezekiel 39:12)
We are not talking about a formal funeral where they bury the death loved ones, one by one. Technology and equipment available at that time in Israel will allow Israel to dig massive graves in such a short time. Can you imagine how many massive graves to be plepared in seven month period of time. How many death bodies are there? We’re looking at those that can be buried, for other part of Ezekiel’s prophecy revealed that some of them may not get the chance.
- 35. “Son of man, this is what the Sovereign LORD says: Call out to every kind of bird and all the wild animals: ‘Assemble and come together from all around to the sacrifice I am preparing for you, the great sacrifice on the mountains of Israel. There you will eat flesh and drink blood. 18 You will eat the flesh of mighty men and drink the blood of the princes of the earth as if they were rams and lambs, goats and bulls—all of them fattened animals from Bashan. 19 At the sacrifice I am preparing for you, you will eat fat till you are glutted and drink blood till you are drunk. 20 At my table you will eat your fill of horses and riders, mighty men and soldiers of every kind,’ declares the Sovereign LORD. 21 “I will display my glory among the nations, and all the nations will see the punishment I inflict and the hand I lay upon them. 22 From that day forward the house of Israel will know that I am the LORD their God.” (Ezekiel 39:17-22 NIV)
There are two possibilities. Firsly, the birds and wild animals will feast with flesh and blood of Israel’s enemy till they get fed up, before all of the death can finally be buried in seven months. Secondly, this is a metaphorcal expression of the devastation upon the enemy of Israel that results in unthinkable amount of death bodies and blood spill covering the land of Palestine that is sufficient fot the all the birds and wild animals to feast upon till they get fed up. The prophet Isaiah also revealed the same message about the great victory of Israel.
- 36. “But you, O Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, you descendants of Abraham my friend, 9 I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. I said, ‘You are my servant’; I have chosen you and have not rejected you. 10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” (Isaiah 41:8-10)
Israel will never be defeated. The throne of David is everlasting. The Son od David, the Lion of the tribe Judah will return to reign in Zion forever. Israel need not be anxious or afraid. Israel does not need anybody in this world to take its side. Israel does not even need the United States of America to defend it in every aspect. Israel is God’s chosen people and this fact is unchangeable, as God is unchangeable. All Israel needs is the Messiah, Jesus Christ, Who has come and will return to bring the perfect victory to Israel and the church and to rule the earth from Jerusalem, forever.
- 37. “Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in[a] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” (Matthew 28:18-20)
- 38. “Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.” (Mark 16:16)
This is the final truth that will soon come to pass. None can ever change it; not me nor you; not Arabs nor America; not angel nor the devil. All man can do is to believe in Jesus and be saved. The devil knew all of these but refused to believe. Do not take his side and remember that in this matter there is no neutral position. We all will have to make our decision and we’d better do it now.
All that has been written down here may just serve as an outline of some small part from the whole things that will come to pass in the near future. There are many details in the Bible left to be uncovered. You are urged to go on digging all the Biblical treasures which reveal the future of mankind. Through a more intimate relationship with the Bible, the Holy Spirit would let you to the whole of God’s truth in Jesus Christ.
My knowledge about and admission to the truth would not prevent me from being friendly and loving to all, though deep down in my heart I would love to see all of my friends enjoying the eternity together with Jesus Christ.
May Lord Jesus bless you all!